Sunday November 19
It’s over. You made it. You survived and lived to tell the tale!
Let’s do some observation and see where we’re at. Reflection is always good and gives Holy Spirit room to course correct us as needed and encourage us!
- Can you tell a difference in your thinking yet?
- Is there a shift in your perceptive or overall outlook? Your point of view on certain people? Situations?
- Is it a bit easier to identify grumbling, complaining and criticism? Is it becoming more obvious to you?
- Can you tell a difference in your words? Are there less complaints and criticisms flowing out?
- Can you tell a difference in relationships? In the atmosphere of your home? At work? Has anyone noticed?
Let me encourage you to keep going. I know it’s not easy. I felt all the challenges and difficulties you felt. But, I believe the difference it makes is worth the investment. It’s worth the struggle. The reward will be so much greater than the sacrifice.
Cognitive neuroscientist Dr. Caroline Leaf says that it takes 63 days to change a habit. You are 7 days in. Seven days closer. Take this momentum and keep going. Keep journaling. Keep looking at these verses. Keep asking yourself the Reflection Questions. Talk about it with your husband and kids. Stay with your accountability partner.
One last suggestion, read the book of Proverbs. Read one chapter a day. Highlight and dig into all the verses about the mouth, tongue and words. These will give you a solid study for 31 days and will help you as you continue with this challenge!
Read Psalm 119:57-60, John 14:26, Philippians 1:6 and Galatians 6:7-9. Let Truth encourage you as you mediate on them. Journal what He is saying to you.
*Remember to ask yourself the Reflection Questions and record your answers when you end your day! AND connect with your accountability partner!
ps – a big “thank-you” to Tammy Forbes, Ellen Goulette and Tami Lindsay for all their help in proofing and editing our devotionals!